The American Red Cross, Greater Carolinas Chapter, works to support families displaced by fires as well as providing support to the Charlotte Fire Department and other first responders.
On Jan. 8, 2010, a condominium fire affected 18 units. The Red Cross provided assistance to the families displaced by the fire and continues to work with the other families whose units were affected.
The Charlotte Fire Department released the following update:
- 18 units total, All Units/family’s Were Temp Evacuated
- (2) Occupants Rescued from 3rd floor by members of the CFD
- No injuries reported as of 9:45 am
- Damage placed at $500K
- Charlotte FF’s were able to Save Over 2/3 of the structure
- The Origin and Cause of the Fire Remain Under Investigation
- The American Red Cross is supporting those displaced and over 60 FF’s called to the scene
- CMPD Animal Care & Control are assisting those with pets that will be displaced.